OpenCV 101 — OpenCV Basics
12 lessons, 2h 06m 18s
Image Fundamentals (15:07)
Drawing with OpenCV (16:38)
Image Arithmetic (12:14)
Bitwise Operations (7:54)
Splitting and Merging Channels (10:24)
OpenCV 102 — Basic Image Processing Operations
10 lessons, 2h 32m 07s
Image Fundamentals (15:07)
Drawing with OpenCV (16:38)
Try for free: 7 days unlimited access to PyImageSearch University! Click here to join.
PyImageSearch University: You can master Computer Vision, Deep Learning, and OpenCV
I strongly believe that if you had the right teacher you could master computer vision and deep learning.
Do you think learning computer vision and deep learning has to be time-consuming, overwhelming, and complicated? Or has to involve complex mathematics and equations? Or requires a degree in computer science?
That’s not the case.
All you need to master computer vision and deep learning is for someone to explain things to you in simple, intuitive terms. And that’s exactly what I do. My mission is to change education and how complex Artificial Intelligence topics are taught.
Welcome to PyImageSearch University, the most comprehensive computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV course online today. Here you’ll learn how to successfully and confidently apply computer vision to your work, research, and projects. Join me in computer vision mastery.
Created by: Adrian Rosebrock, PhD •Last updated: 9/2021 •Languages: English
What you'll be able to do...
- Successfully complete your computer vision and deep learning projects
- Land a job in the Artificial Intelligence field
- Apply computer vision and deep learning to your job and workplace
- Complete your final graduation project and obtain your undergraduate degree
- Finish your MSc or PhD thesis
- Perform novel research and publish paper in a reputable AI journal
- Learn computer vision and deep learning, and then teach your high school or college students
- Understand computer vision and deep learning, and launch a business in the AI space
- Finish that AI project you are hacking on over nights and weekends
In order to be successful in PyImageSearch University, you need the following:
- Understanding of Python basics
- Internet connection
- Windows, macOS, Linux, or Raspbian (all major operating systems supported)
- Free Gmail/Google account to run pre-configured Jupyter Notebooks in Colab (optional)
- A desire to learn
PyImageSearch University is a comprehensive set of self-paced courses for developers, students, and researchers who are ready to master computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV. Inside this course you’ll learn how to successfully and confidently apply computer vision to your work, research, and projects.
Unlike other online courses, which are created once and never updated, leaving you with stale, out-of-date information, I keep PyImageSearch University up-to-date by releasing a brand new class every month!
Releasing a new class every month ensures you can keep up with the state-of-the-art in computer vision and deep learning, learn new algorithms and techniques, and:
- Successfully complete your projects at work
- Perform novel research (and publish papers)
- Finish your final graduation project for school
- Launch your next company in the Artificial Intelligence space
To help you accomplish these goals, in each lesson I provide:
- Detailed video tutorials for every lesson
- High-quality, well documented source code with line-by-line explanations (ensuring you know exactly what the code is doing)
- Jupyter Notebooks that are pre-configured to run in Google Colab with a single click
- Support for all major operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, and Raspbian)
PyImageSearch University is without a doubt the most complete, comprehensive computer vision education online inside. I’ll see you inside.
Trusted by members of top artificial intelligence companies, schools, and organizations
Who this course is for:
If any of these descriptions fit you, rest assured, PyImageSearch University is designed for you.
- You are a computer vision practitioner that utilizes deep learning and OpenCV at your day job, and you’re eager to level-up your skills.
- You’re a developer who wants to learn computer vision/deep learning, complete your challenging project at work, and stand out from your coworkers (and land that big promotion).
- You are a college student who needs help with your homework, completing your final graduation project, or you simply want more than what your university offers.
- You are a researcher or scientist looking to apply computer vision and deep learning techniques to your research (and publish a paper).
- You have experience with machine learning and want to learn more about deep learning and neural networks.
- You are an entrepreneur studying computer vision/deep learning so you can launch your next business in the Artificial Intelligence space.
- You are a “computer vision hobbyist” who wants to successfully complete that project you are hacking on over nights and weekends.
- You’re a PyImageSearch reader that wants access to centralized repos containing high-quality, well documented source code, pre-trained models, image datasets, etc. for all 400+ tutorials on PyImageSearch.com.
- You prefer running code examples with Jupyter Notebooks in Google Colab — my notebooks are pre-configured and ready to run in Google Colab with only a single click.
- You want to skip the painful process of configuring your development environment — no more headaches and wasted time spent configuring your development environment, run all code examples in your web browser!
- You learn best through video tutorials — PyImageSearch University includes video guides for every single lesson.
25 Certificates of Completion
We don’t offer just one Certificate of Completion like most online courses. Instead, we offer a certificate for each of the 25 courses inside PyImageSearch University.
And since a brand new course is released every month, that means each month you receive…
- A brand new course
- A new set of lessons
- A new set of quizzes
- A new final exam
- And another opportunity to demonstrate your computer vision and deep learning knowledge to the world
PyImageSearch graduates have gone on to:
- Perform novel research and publish papers in prestigious journals
- Create and successfully launch the official OpenCV AI Kit (OAK)
- Win 1st place in highly competitive Kaggle competitions
- Land coveted R&D jobs in industry
- Go from developer to CTO of a CV/DL company with over $5.1M in funding in under 3 years
PyImageSearch University is your chance to join them in computer vision and deep learning mastery.
PyImageSearch University syllabus
25 Courses •128 Classes •37h 19m 02s Lectures
PyImageSearch University is really the best Computer Visions “Masters” Degree that I wish I had when starting out. Being able to access all of Adrian’s tutorials in a single indexed page and being able to start playing around with the code without going through the nightmare of setting up everything is just amazing. 10/10 would recommend.
Not going to kid you: PyImageSearch University is worth every cent. I get asked ALL the time at my talks how I got started. PyImageSearch was the foundation.
Full Access Plan
FREE for 7 days, then...
No commitments, cancel anytime.
This course includes:
Full access to PyImageSearch University
Brand new courses released every month, ensuring you can keep up with state-of-the-art techniques
37h 19m on-demand video
25 courses on essential computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV topics
25 Certificates of Completion
304 tutorials and downloadable resources
Pre-configured Jupyter Notebooks in Google Colab for 200+ PyImageSearch tutorials
Run all code examples in your web browser — works on Windows, macOS, and Linux (no dev environment configuration required!)
Access to centralized code repos for all 400+ tutorials on PyImageSearch
Easy one-click downloads for code, datasets, pre-trained models, etc.
Access on mobile, laptop, desktop, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
I already have a PyImageSearch University account. How do I login?
Thank you for being a member of PyImageSearch University! You can login here.
Do I need any programming experience before joining PyImageSearch University?
We assume you have some prior programming experience (e.g. you know what a variable, function, loop, etc. are). You should have more skills than a novice, but certainly not an intermediate or advanced developer. As long as you understand basic programming logic flow you’ll be successful inside PyImageSearch University.
Do I need to know anything about computer vision, deep learning, or OpenCV to get started in PyImageSearch University?
No. The courses inside PyImageSearch University will teach you computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV. As long as you have basic programming experience you will be successful inside PyImageSearch University.
Hi there — I’m Adrian Rosebrock.
About your teacher
Hey, I’m Adrian Rosebrock, a Ph.D and entrepreneur who has spent his entire adult life studying computer vision and machine learning. Over the past 6 years alone I have:
- Started the PyImageSearch.com blog and published over 400+ tutorials and articles aimed at teaching computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV.
- Authored Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python, the most in-depth computer vision and deep learning book available today, including super practical walkthroughs, hands-on tutorials (with lots of code), and a no-nonsense teaching style that will help you master computer vision and deep learning.
- Answered over 50,000+ emails and helped 10,000s of developers, researchers, and students just like yourself learn the ropes of computer vision and deep learning.
If having an actual PhD in the field teach you computer vision, deep learning, and OpenCV sounds interesting to you, join me inside PyImageSearch University. You’ll learn a ton about computer vision and deep learning in a practical, hands-on way. And you’ll have fun doing it. See you on the other side!